Afraid of speaking?
Good news, your are a normal person!!!
This is a very natural feeling that even some very experimented speakers experiment.
It is known as the impostor syndrome and it's very documented and discussed.
Everyone has interesting things to share, at least their feedback on learning or using something.
Here is a list of interesting articles on this subject to help you do the first step, or the other ones.
If you think other links should be added here, please reach us on github or twitter.
Using Gospeak, you can look for CFPs with the beginner welcome tag, they will help you to start.
For meetups, you can always attend to an even and discuss with organizers at the end, they are always willing to help and encourage.
- Terrified of speaking at a conference? Submit anyway!
- Bring your inexperience to a conference
- Débuter en tant que speaker
- Technical Speaker Starter Kit
- awesome-speaking: a collection of awesome resources about public speaking
- Public Speaking Resources: list of resources about public speaking
- speakingmentors.com: mentors that are willing to help you
- weareallaweso.me: list of articles motivate you
- speaking.io: website covering speaking challenge for newcomers